True or False quiz. In Japan, 〇 (maru) means true, while × (batsu) means false.
This quiz activity is good for a big number of students to learn about cultural and social information in Japan and Australia. For example, it would be good if you do this quiz in the hall with Japanese students and Australian students when a Japanese school visits your school.
- Ask students to stand in the centre of the room.
- Show the quiz on the screen (download).
- Those students who think it true go to one side, while those who don’t think it true go to the other side of the room.
- Tell them to choose true （〇）or false（×）.
- If they chose the right answer, ask them to come back to the centre of the room. But if they chose the wrong answer, ask them to sit at the back of the room.
- They need to make a decision within 10 seconds.
- Repeat the same procedure until the last student remains.