Mindfulness exercise is powerful to help students focus on one thing at a time.
I would like to introduce other activities to help them understand the importance of focusing on one thing at a time.
- Watching inspiring videos.
There are many inspiring videos on the Internet. One of the most inspiring videos for focus is walking on the rope by Mr. Nik Wallenda. He was walking on the rope in Grand Canyon in the USA, which was 1500 feet above the ground. He shows us an extremely high level of focus.
Also, a Japanese stage performance group, Somenosuke & Sometaro showed us a very high level of focus! This is also inspiring!
Japanese archery, Kyuudo also shows us a high level of focus!
2. Simple activities to enhance students’ focus
- Standing up with one leg.
- Draw a dot in the center of a piece of paper to gaze at it for a while.
- Drop a pen or pencil from the height of the eyes vertically to try to hit the dot.
- Your partner drops the pencil vertically in front of you and you grab it.
- Holding a stick or ruler vertically or horizontally on the hand or finger or head.
- Walking on a line in the classroom.